Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread[_5_] jthread[_5_] is offline

Default OT Strategies for defeating the trolls

On 2/8/2017 5:25 PM, AL wrote:
On 2/8/2017 12:16 PM, groundhog wrote:
On 2/8/2017 1:02 PM, AL wrote:
On 2/8/2017 10:08 AM, jthread wrote:

The "K" function thunderbird is working like a dream for now.

I use the K function to kill threads I read that are also cross-posted
into other groups I read so that I only have to see them once. Very
handy. My old Agent newsreader used to do this automatically but I don't
see that function in T-Bird. Am I missing it?

It's very simple in t-bird. Just highlight the thread and type k. It's
in the "Message" option in the tool bar towards the bottom. I'm not sure
if it carries over to cross-threads.

Thanks. That's what I do. But my old Agent newsreader AUTOMATICALLY
deleted cross-posted threads in other groups I read so that I only saw
them in the original group (only once). I was hoping that feature was
hidden somewhere in T-Bird and I had just missed it.

I hope I helped. It's best to keep this thread active (or one similar).

Just remember everyone, There is an easy way to defeat these children
with mommy issues.

1) Don't feed the trolls

2) Get a ng reader with filters

3) Thunderbird seems to be the most popular newsgroup reader (it's
free!) and Google Groups isn't going to give you much control.

4) If you need help setting up a decent NG reader there are plenty of
people here and websites to help you. Just ask.

Thank You. This really is a great group and has been for along time.