Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 5:30:42 PM UTC-5, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 08 Feb 2017 14:46:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

here is a SawStop table saw made?
SawStop is a US-owned company, and each table saw is engineered at our
headquarters just south of Portland, Oregon. Every table saw is built in
Taiwan to an unmatched set of tolerances.

IIRC, we checked the table flatness and found it was worse than both
General and Powermatic - so much for "unmatched tolerances".

"Unmatched" doesn't have to mean tight, precise, etc. The statement could mean
that the tolerances are so bad that no decent saw matches them. ;-)

Caveat - that was a very small sample and several years ago. It may have
been a fluke or things may have changed in the intervening years.

Well, there's your problem. A fluke is not going to be as flat as a table saw. That big knob
in the middle, the holes for the leads, the screen, etc. My Fluke 75 is pretty bumpy.