Old February 7th 17, 11:28 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Not looking good for the Bosch Reaxx TS

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

Old February 8th 17, 12:50 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a
finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.
Old February 8th 17, 02:50 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 5:28:42 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...ate-of-reaxx_o

Wait a minute...there is hope.

The article states this:

"The decision of the ITC will now move to the United States Trade Representative
(USTR), as delegated by the President, who must approve or disapprove the ITC’s
final decision in sixty (60) days. The USTR rarely goes against the ITC, having
disapproved of the ITC’s determination once in nearly 30 years."

If the past few weeks are any indication, it may not be "business as usual"
(minor pun intended) in Washington. Recent events seem to indicate that we
can no longer let history be our guide.

Old February 8th 17, 02:58 AM posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a
finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.

That would be wonderful.
Old February 8th 17, 03:00 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:50:15 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a
finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.

Is there a shortage of Saw Stop saws here? Is the price of Saw Stop so
prohibitive here that anyone who would have bought a Reaxx for the
safety feature can't/won't buy a Saw Stop?

IOW, I don't see how anyone could sue the company that offers a comparable
product to the banned one. If someone wants the technology, and a Saw Stop
is available at roughly the same price, why would Gass be liable if someone
chooses not to buy his product? How did Gass cause that finger to be lost?

Old February 8th 17, 03:05 AM posted to rec.woodworking

In article a426cc09-91ce-4c80-8853-e44571ca2ad9
@googlegroups.com, says...

On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a
finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.

Is there a shortage of Saw Stop saws here? Is the price of Saw Stop so
prohibitive here that anyone who would have bought a Reaxx for the
safety feature can't/won't buy a Saw Stop?

IOW, I don't see how anyone could sue the company that offers a comparable
product to the banned one. If someone wants the technology, and a Saw Stop
is available at roughly the same price, why would Gass be liable if someone
chooses not to buy his product? How did Gass cause that finger to be lost?

You can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't mean
you'll win.

We just want something horrible to happen to
Gass.
Old February 8th 17, 03:26 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a
finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.

Is there a shortage of Saw Stop saws here? Is the price of Saw Stop so
prohibitive here that anyone who would have bought a Reaxx for the
safety feature can't/won't buy a Saw Stop?

IOW, I don't see how anyone could sue the company that offers a comparable
product to the banned one. If someone wants the technology, and a Saw Stop
is available at roughly the same price, why would Gass be liable if someone
chooses not to buy his product? How did Gass cause that finger to be lost?

You can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't mean
you'll win.

I'm offended by that answer. My attorney will be in touch with your attorney.

Expect a letter from Screwem Goode & Hart

Old February 8th 17, 03:33 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 18:50:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a
finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.

After reading Gass' patents, I didn't see how anyone could get around
them. They are *really* broad and without a *huge* pile of cash, Gass
was in an unassailable position WRT patents.

I don't see how anyone can sue Gass. They could buy a SawStop.
Old February 8th 17, 03:39 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power...c05c6eecb92632

Steve Gass continues to make friends. I wonder if someone losing a
finger will sue Gass for not allowing Bosch to sell here.

Is there a shortage of Saw Stop saws here? Is the price of Saw Stop so
prohibitive here that anyone who would have bought a Reaxx for the
safety feature can't/won't buy a Saw Stop?

IOW, I don't see how anyone could sue the company that offers a comparable
product to the banned one. If someone wants the technology, and a Saw Stop
is available at roughly the same price, why would Gass be liable if someone
chooses not to buy his product? How did Gass cause that finger to be lost?

Bosch is a smaller saw easily taken to the jobsite. Not so much for
SawStop.

SawStop is a good product. Gass in more interested in making money than
saving fingers or he would be selling his technology at reasonable
prices so the world would be a safer place.
Old February 8th 17, 04:49 AM posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

On 2/7/2017 5:28 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

And he would have happily greeted Bosch's
alternative design instead of going after them
with lawyers.

But he's a scum sucking bottom
^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^^H^Hlawyer
himself.