Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodpeckers isn't alone

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 22:52:07 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 2/7/2017 8:40 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 16:44:04 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 2/7/2017 4:37 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
krw wrote:

Seems Woodpeckers isn't the only one selling a dumb idea.

http://www.toolnut.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=calavera&trk_msg=TEUOO45PFHSK90AU4J0U4N4BN0&trk _contact=KQTSG16SEK63VR876LV4HQS4NS&utm_source=Lis trak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fwww.to olnut.com%2fcatalogsearch%2fresult%2f%3fq%3dcalave ra&utm_campaign=New+Calavera+Organization+Solution +Breaks+the+Mold

. . . add Rockler to the list.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-miter-fold-dado-set

Video from a discussion of solutions to problems that
don't exist, posted here a couple of years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S074ke-EJ6U

A young guy on YouTube invented that and apparently sold it to Rockler.
Seems way too complicated to cut a 45. ;~)

But it's cheaper than a Domino. ;-)

It cannot do what a domino can, it basically enables you to cut and bend
a 45.

Can a Domino do that? ;-)

The quality of the bend will depend greatly on the flexibility and
thickness of the outer veneer.

With cabinet grade plywoods the thickness of the outer veneer is pretty
thin.

And $375.00 I can see it in a high production or factory application but
for the typical Rockler customer..... I don't know.

I didn't say I was going to buy one! I like my toys but I think I can
pass on that one.