Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread[_4_] jthread[_4_] is offline

Default OT Strategies for defeating the trolls

On 2/8/2017 10:54 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 11:11:57 AM UTC-5, jthread wrote:
On 2/8/2017 9:07 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 2:44:22 PM UTC-5, jthread wrote:
On 1/31/2017 9:39 AM, jthread wrote:
I use Thunderbird. It appears using the "ignore thread" option actually
works better than the kf. Simply highlight the thread and type "k". Next
time you bring up ahr the thread is gone.

For anyone using Google groups please ask how to setup a decent mg
reader. It's not that difficult.

Why would I want to? Google is working fine for me.

That's good. I've heard GG was trying to make some improvements. They
may have added filters. If that's the case, my bad. Last I looked it was
pretty bare bones.

Just don't respond to them.
Either use a kill file or just don't respond.

There are some good reasons to use Google Groups but it does take some disciple to ignore the trolls.

I will continue to encourage any on topic conversation.

There are reasons I don't KF. It makes long threads difficult to follow.

The "K" function thunderbird is working like a dream for now. There
only appear to be two, maybe 3, individuals here that are insisting on
getting more than their share of attention. Prolly a mommy issue. Right
now, they just seem humorous.