Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A tip for lubricating you clamps.

Keith Nuttle wrote in
news
As I indicated in my original post where I posted the MSGS sheet, not
all brake cleaners on carburator cleaners are created equal. I posted
a cleaner based on Methylene Chloride. You posted a brake cleaner
that contains tetraChloroethylene. The one I use Supertech contains
Acetone, Toluene, and Methanol and no chlorohydrocarbons. While they
are all flamable, and volatile, they are completely different
materials in the health hazards, and must be treated differently.

I believe tetrachloroethylene and know methylene chloride are the key
ingredients in plastic welding solvents. It's not just welding you need to
keep them away from, but many plastics.

Puckdropper