Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Progress Report on the Office Library

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 9:00:02 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

I thought it might work on other tracks as I think some saws will work
with other tracks.

Don't know that for sure, but I think you are right about some tracks working with other saws. Could be a woodworking myth/legend though, as I don't know anyone that has interchanged their use.

The one on the left, cherry and white oak.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

The cab farthest left with the light valance is existing, no? Will the new match the old, or are you going for different/complimentary styles?

BTW, did you ever find the library/sliding ladder hardware you were
looking for? I remember a lot of ideas flying around, but no final
decisions.

Yes! I found plenty but a friggen ladder and the hardware will cost as
much as the file cabinet/shelving unit.

Sooooo. It think I am going to do something like this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

I remember joining the hunt for the hardware and it was indeed nasty as far as pricing went. I remember that photo... does the ladder simply lean on the rail up top or does it hook in some way?

Robert