Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default mice (was: does anyone make a decent wiper blade?

Dean Hoffman wrote:
songbird wrote:

still collects mice in there too. very expensive mouse trap.

I've had good luck using Fresh Cab Rodent Repellant.
https://www.amazon.com/Earthkind-Botanical-Rodent-Repellent-Pouches/dp/B00L236OMW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486234656&sr=8-5&keywords=mouse+repellent
Good old fashioned stinky moth balls seem to work also. I've read
peppermint
oil works but haven't tried it.

i have no tolerance for moth balls or many
other nasty scented things (Bounce dryer sheets),
but i have tried them to keep the mice out.
nothing has worked consistently. i bought two
Fresh Cab packets last week so perhaps a
double dose will do it? anyways, they do smell
better than mice pee/poo. i can't find the
damn nest in there which stinks so bad. what
i need is a lift where i can get under it and
find where they are getting in the car to
begin with. i have no place to work on it
inside or a lift. and a cable camera that
i can thread into places i can't see to
find the nest.

mechanic could not find any gaps when he
looked but i think he must not have looked
very well.

there are two traps in it now, with p-nut
butter (very small amounts - i don't want to
attract mice just capture the ones that get
in there once they do get in there).

i've already taken the back seat out to
make sure there is no nest under it (they
were chewing the foam to get under there
but there was no nest there, but there was
a nest along the kickboard in the back
under that carpeting. i took out anything
i've found and cleaned it up with bleach
then soapy water.

the larger problem is that there are so
many gaps and spaces that it's impossible
to plug them up to keep mice out once they
get inside the car.

i now also have everything out of the
glove comparment because the mice shredded
what was in there and used it for nesting
material.

ghods, they stink so bad.

and if you want more entertainment than
this you can search my handle history about
the dead mouse from before. i never did
find that one... yick...

songbird