Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Progress Report on the Office Library

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to begin building the
office library file cabinets and book shelves.
On Wednesday I loaded up on white oak s4s 1x8, 150 linear feet, and a
sheet of cherry 3/4" plywood.

I cut the cherry first thing and use the track saw to cut the sheet into
manageable sizes along with some finish cuts.

Several years ago I, and Swingman, ordered a Betterly Straight Line
connector. This blue tool insures that two or more tracks that are
combined end up being straight. It takes longer to pull the tool out of
the box than to set it up to insure straight unions.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

After cutting the sheet of cherry I moved on to cutting dados, tenons,
Domino mortises, and groves for the front and back face frames for the
two file cabinets. Also dados for the cherry plywood sides.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

And close up of how the back face frame pieces go together.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Right now all 16 pieces are in the clamps.

I'll keep you posted as things progress. I am changing up how I index
the drawer divider rails and slides.