Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Resurfacing drive - best moss/lichen/algae killer

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 16:51:06 +0000, Phil L wrote:

Mark Allread wrote:
The drive is to be resurfaced but before I have it done I want to get
rid of Moss etc.

Thoughts are to give a double treatment a couple of weeks apart before
machine brushing (Bobcat mounted brush) to remove the dead moss and
loose surface dressing.

Glyphosate will be used also as a systemic weedkiller.

Any recommendations on the best *moss etc* killer applicable during
Feb/ March months - staining will not be a problem due to the
resurfacing.

Cheapest would probably be salt grit, or normal salt.
I did my path a few winters back and when the rain washed it away, it
was immaculate. The remainder of the paving was still green where no
salt had been applied

Hmm, not thought of that. I have a heap so will try some out.