Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Resurfacing drive - best moss/lichen/algae killer

jim wrote:
Mark Allread Wrote in message:
The drive is to be resurfaced but before I have it done I want to
get rid of Moss etc.

Thoughts are to give a double treatment a couple of weeks apart
before machine brushing (Bobcat mounted brush) to remove the dead
moss and loose surface dressing.

Glyphosate will be used also as a systemic weedkiller.

Any recommendations on the best *moss etc* killer applicable during
Feb/ March months - staining will not be a problem due to the
resurfacing.

Shurely if it's being resurfaced the existing surface (etc) will
be removed first?

Glyphosate only works on growing plants, and is not a residual
"pathclear" type inhibitor to new germinations.

It sounds like it's tarmac ('loose surface dressing') - in which case they
normally spray on a thin coat of bitumen to act as a bonding agent rather
than remove the top layer. This is very expensive and only usually used on
main roads and motorways