Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Resurfacing drive - best moss/lichen/algae killer

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 16:15:12 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Mark Allread wrote:
The drive is to be resurfaced but before I have it done I want to get
rid of Moss etc.

Thoughts are to give a double treatment a couple of weeks apart before
machine brushing (Bobcat mounted brush) to remove the dead moss and
loose surface dressing.

Glyphosate will be used also as a systemic weedkiller.

Any recommendations on the best *moss etc* killer applicable during
Feb/ March months - staining will not be a problem due to the
resurfacing.

Iron Sulphate as a moss killer. Can't remember if it is ferric or
ferrous.

Ahh of course - I've used it on grass before but avoided hard surfaces
because of staining. A resurface won'r be bothered about the stain (hand
to forehead momemnt)

Glyphosate will only work on growing plants to conduct it to the roots.
It is NOT more effective to use a stronger mix. That just kills the
greenery and does not allow it

Yup - use it regulalrly

Ammonium sulphamate (NOT Sulphate) will help kill roots. Technically
cant be sold as a weed killer but perfectly legal as a composting
accelerator. Thanks to EU nonsense rule interpretation in uk

Yup - I do 'compost' a few things these days.

Thanks Bob.
--
Mark