Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 16:59:06 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
That could well be. However, you didn't work in TV all your working
life like me. And I can assure you that the percentage of gay men
working in the design department was little different from the average.

working in TV in the middle agaes as you did doesn;t mean a lot as
there weren't many gay men were there.

Have you any figures which prove conclusively there were less
homosexuals at any particular point in time?

No, how would you get that info go back in time.

You've just stated there were less gay men back in time. Of course there
would be less given the smaller population.

So there's nothing wrong with my statement then was there.
in rome it was quite common for a man to have a younger male for sex.
That didn't mean you were gay though.
In a lot of muslim countires you are only gay if yuo recive penatration for another male, if you're the one doing the penatrating your not gay.

Reminds me of a joke by an asutrailan comedian who's name I can't remmeber.
He's heavy metal rock sort of person if that helps.

I'd have thought they'd
be pretty much the same percentage wise, but if you make being gay
illegal and punishable you might not get a very truthful responce from
those you ask.

Quite. But that's not what you said.

Correct, and I am right, there were less gay men in the past.
I doubt adam was gay ;-) and he wsas the first man wasn't he :-)

Even Alan Turin wasn't gay or identified as gay by the masses at the
time just like there;s few gay footballers.

Ah. What you mean is there were many fewer who admitted to being
homosexual, or having homosexual feelings. A very different matter.

Well spotted. You may have also found that during those times less
people known about such things I have a friend tonight visiting, when we
first met 1994 she was a girl, she has had the hormones and everyone
she meets assumes he is a male, then they work out he's a gay male. They
have no idea he has a virgina.

Medical treatment to 'change sex' is a relatively recent thing. And very
little to do with being gay or not.

It has a lot to do with what's meant by gay.
When he was a girl no one thought she was gay when kissinly cuddling a male.
Now when he's seen like that with a male they see him as gay.

He has avery close friend who's going through the same being born female.
He was a male stripper up until a few months ago. He used dildos down the pants so never went totally naked and only performned in gay strip joints both here and in the states.
Are ladyboys gay ? I don't think they are.