jim

Default Icemaker valve noise

JB wrote:

I replaced the valve on our 10-year-old icemaker's water line after it got
stuck open (unusual, I'm told) one night and caused a little mess. Got the
new valve online from outfit called Cheap Appliance Parts because it was
supposedly a factory-new part at half the cost of the local plumbing supply
place.

Icemaker's working fine, except that after a few days we started hearing a
loud hiss as the freezer tray refilled after dumping cubes. The hiss grew
progressively louder over a couple days and has stabilized at a level that
can be heard in the next room. I narrowed the noise to the valve area.
Rechecked the fittings, made sure no kinks in plastic hose. Still hisses.

Contacted CAP and they sent me a free replacement. After a few days, it too
began hissing during the fill phase.

Anyone have any idea why and how to stop it? Before I invest in the local
shop's $40 kit, I'd like to know whether the problem is defective valve or
something in the installation.

Thanks.

now you know why it was so cheap.. made in china???? the original parts
are FPS, if its stamped with this then it was designed to work with
these parts... the off name parts might work, but they might not
work..in your case its telling you to take it out... the noise is the
rubber washer intside the fitting that is vibrating and making the noise
just like when a bathroom faucet needs a new washer it makes noises when
the water is running past it.. its vibration the metal stud that is
holding the valve.....