Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
That could well be. However, you didn't work in TV all your working
life like me. And I can assure you that the percentage of gay men
working in the design department was little different from the average.

working in TV in the middle agaes as you did doesn;t mean a lot as
there weren't many gay men were there.

Have you any figures which prove conclusively there were less
homosexuals at any particular point in time?

No, how would you get that info go back in time.

You've just stated there were less gay men back in time. Of course there
would be less given the smaller population.

I'd have thought they'd
be pretty much the same percentage wise, but if you make being gay
illegal and punishable you might not get a very truthful responce from
those you ask.

Quite. But that's not what you said.

Even Alan Turin wasn't gay or identified as gay by the masses at the
time just like there;s few gay footballers.

Ah. What you mean is there were many fewer who admitted to being
homosexual, or having homosexual feelings. A very different matter.

Well spotted. You may have also found that during those times less
people known about such things I have a friend tonight visiting, when we
first met 1994 she was a girl, she has had the hormones and everyone
she meets assumes he is a male, then they work out he's a gay male. They
have no idea he has a virgina.

Medical treatment to 'change sex' is a relatively recent thing. And very
little to do with being gay or not.

Even in the 50s few outside the business knew Rock hudson was gay or
that many of the actors were in fact gay, making it illegal to be
gay didn't help you count them of course. There are very few gay
footballers even today, 10 years or so ago there wasn't any were
there.

Have you asked them all? Do they all know you well enough to be honest
with you?

Nothing to do with me why come out to me.

Design in stage, TV and film is far more than just choosing the
fluffy cushions. It involves designing sets. More like an
architect than anything else.

Gay people can be architects as can women, I went out with one.

Precisely. You'll find homosexuals in all walks of life. But in some
professions can be more open about it.

and in some professions they are more attracted to.
why do you thin k it;s some why aren't all professions equal.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.