Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default does anyone make a decent wiper blade?

On 1/31/17 9:53 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 7:44:09 PM UTC-6, Wade Garrett wrote:

If you drive a Honda, buy blade refills from the dealer. Perfect fit,
very high quality, do a great job, last a long time.

If you buy the size designated for your auto, no matter the make
or model wouldn't you get a perfect fit?

snip

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

The aftermarket manufacturer may specify his 18 inch long refill for
your ride- but your metal blade may actually be 17 3/4 or 18 1/8 long.
The refill width may be off a hair over/under from what yours actually
is- or the clamping groove configuration may be a bit different too.

Over the years, I've done OK with aftermarket refills on American brand
cars. But I've found Honda (and Toyota OEM) refills superior and used
them when I owned those makes of car.

As others mentioned, some car dealers sell OEM parts online at a good
discount. I usually buy my routine wear/maintenance items like wiper
refills, engine air filters, oil filters, crush washers, etc., from
them. But I always cheap-out at Walmart or Auto Zone for my cabin air
filter!

--
Have you ever looked into a mirror and thought€¦hell no, that cant be right