Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_6_] Meanie[_6_] is offline

Default Electric cord repair

On 2/1/2017 12:23 AM, Ed60062 wrote:

It isn't retractable. In the past, I've cut the cord, put on a new plug and used an extension.

That works, but having a connector and plug is kind of bulky; that's why
I was thinking of butt connectors.

I'm curious as to why that is not acceptable?

Because there's the possibility you will not produce a safe repair. It
is always advisable for others to suggest the safest repair method since
asking a "how to" question in this group implies the assumption one
doesn't have the proper knowledge to ensure proper repairs.

As for me, without knowing the extent of the damage and assuming it's an
exposed wire, I'd repair it because I know how and have done so often.
Though, that's irrelevant since you've already made the repair.

---