Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric cord repair

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10:14:58 PM UTC-6, Ed60062 wrote:
I have a vacuum cleaner cord with a cut in the insulation. I could cut the cord short and use with an extension cord but I was wondering if it is acceptable to cut out the bad part and use insulated butt connectors to join the ends and wrap the joint with electrical tape. I've never seen it done so maybe it's unsafe?

I've used liquid electrical tape to seal cuts in insulation on cords. I've also used self fusing electrical tape. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-B...-400/100119178

https://www.amazon.com/self-fusing-e...ctrical%20tape

[8~{} Uncle Tape Monster