Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Sticking Thermostatic Radiator Valves

I would have thought the decorators cap - to screw down, must be
depressing the plunger all the way as that is its role. If the
plunger is right down then why wouldn't it turn off?

That's the problem - the pin gets stuck mid travel - not when it is
closed, hence putting the decorators cap and tightening as much as
possible will not shift it. I do not know why they stick at a
partially open to fully open position, but 6 (out of 14) of my Peglar
(Terrier) TRVs have done that so far - I installed them around 5 years
ago.

Ah!