Posted to alt.home.repair
Martim Ribeiro Martim Ribeiro is offline

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 06:13:04 -0500, in alt.home.repair Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Big gamily? I bet we don't spend half that. I'll have to check the
price but I get a big bundle at B's maybe twice a year for the two of us.

Funny slip of the tongue, big "gams"?

I don't know how much the Costco TP costs, nor how often I buy it.
I think, pretty much, if I think hard, that I buy a package of the stuff
every 3 months or so (I'm guessing but I think it's about that long).

How much does the Costco TP cost?

Google gooogle google

Looks like it's item #585578 and it's about $25 for 30 rolls (425
sheets/roll), 1,600 sq feet per package.
https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Sign...100142093.html

So, if I buy that package once every three months (there are teenage girls
in the home), that's about $200 per year which is on par with the original
estimate of $150/year by someone else.

Just the sales tax alone on that is almost twenty bucks a year.

If we add this up, we get the cost of TP over 40 years of owning your own
home to be about $8K (where the tax alone adds almost another 800 bucks).

Assuming it's $400 every five years to pump out the system, and assuming
that you never have to pump if you don't put TP down the septic, then the
costs over the 40 years you own a home is about:

Costs:
1. 8K dollars for TP
2. 3K dollars for pumping
----
Let's round that out to 10K dollars

How much is a retroactively adding a bidet to the 3 bathrooms in a typical
home?

I think the problem is heating the water, either by electricity or by
piping hot water, neither of which is usually in a bathroom stall.