Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Bud@Weiser.com is offline

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 09:24:48 -0000 (UTC), Martim Ribeiro
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:59:27 -0600, in alt.home.repair
wrote:

By the way, "REAL MEN" dont use toilet paper. LOL

I don't know the cost of periodic pumping nor of a bidet, but, it seems to
me that if the cost of pumping is, say, 500 bucks each time, and the cost
of a bidet is, say, 1000 bucks, that I can justify to the wife that it's
cheaper to install a bidet than it is to periodically pump the septic.

Anyone out there have an aftermarket installed bidet?
Does it make economic sense?

I kind of like the idea of a bidet. I once figured out that we spend
around $150 per year for toilet paper, and I dont buy the expensive
stuff.

The last time I had my tank pumped, it cost $115. But I always dig the
dirt off the cover, so all the pumper has to do it run the pump. I think
it costs $180 if he has to do the digging. But that price may be a lot
different elsewhere, depending on state codes, distance to travel, and
other stuff. (Dont guess, CALL a local pumper and ask for a quote).

I have not priced a bidet. In my case I'd install it myself.

There is another option, an OUTHOUSE.
When the hole fills up, you grab a shovel, dig a new hole about 8 foot
deep nearby and find someone with a team of pulling horses to pull the
outhouse over the new hole.