Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:12:15 -0000 (UTC), Martim
Ribeiro wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 05:58:00 -0500, in alt.home.repair Ed Pawlowski wrote:

At some point yours may need more than just a pumping. May be five
more years, may be next week. It won't be forever.

I can easily understand what you're saying, but some of my neighbors said
they've gone easily 20 years without a problem while others say they pump
every 3 years, so, something is very weird here with the answers.

That means to me that you can go forever unless something goes wrong,
and by having someone check it every so many years, mayyybe he'll see
that it is more full than it shoudl be, and he'll do something about it

So that you wont' have a so-called emergncy where your toile won't flush
and have to pay extra for him to come out on Xmas eve. Some people
think avoiding a weekend tthey can't use the water is worth paying when
there is no problem, some people want local proof that this can happen,
and others will go to the supermarket to use the bathroom rather than
pay for a cleaning they might need. The odds are, in an "emergency"
you can get someone to come out during regular work hours and, if
you're willing to call around, will only have to wait from 3PM on Monday
to 4PM on Tuesday. Or from 6PM on Monday to 10AM on Wednesday.

I think part of the service is to add more of those microbes that do the
eating, even though they are randy little devils and have been know to
make their own babies. You should ask and not rely on me.

And of course some of the services add something to kill the microbes so
that they can come back again in 6 months.. Just kidding.