Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 2:07:43 PM UTC-6, FromTheRafters wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote :
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 3:02:46 AM UTC-6, 01001100110 wrote:
Martim wrote:
I've had a septic system for 15 years and never had it pumped out.
Yet I see neighbors pumping theirs every 3 years.
All I put down mine is crap and TP and pee (sorry for being blunt).
1. Pee just drains away.
2. Crap (I assume) dissolves itself (bacteria) over time.
3. But what about the TP?
Does the TP dissolve like the crap dissolves?
Or does the TP eventually fill the tank up?
(Why doesn't mine fill up then?)

There's a sceptic tank additive you can get at a hardware store that helps
break down solid waste.

Why not just drink the additive and it will get into the septic system that

[8~{} Uncle Poop Monster

An sdditive for a sceptic tank seems suspicious to me. It probably
doesn't work anyway.

There are additives that contain the poop eating microbes. I imagine you could equate a septic system to your bowels. Both need the right mix of microbes to function properly. If you flush cleaning chemicals down the toilet, such chemicals could kill the waste eating critters. If you take a lot of antibiotics it really screws up your digestion because it kills your gut flora. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Gut Monster