Posted to alt.home.repair
Martim Ribeiro Martim Ribeiro is offline

Default Toilet paper septic (does it dissolve or not)

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 05:58:00 -0500, in alt.home.repair Ed Pawlowski wrote:

At some point yours may need more than just a pumping. May be five
more years, may be next week. It won't be forever.

I can easily understand what you're saying, but some of my neighbors said
they've gone easily 20 years without a problem while others say they pump
every 3 years, so, something is very weird here with the answers.

Why I need to rely on you is that it's crazy when you google for what
happens to the toilet paper in a home septic tank system.
https://www.google.com/search?q=does...olve+in+septic

You never get an answer to the question!

What you get is a list of toilet papers that are "better" than others.
OK. But that's not really the question (although I guess it's part of the
answer.)

The main question is does the stuff eventually biodegrade to nothing or
does it eventually need to be pumped out.

Googling for what happens to the poop:
https://www.google.com/search?q=does...olve+in+septic

Again, it's amazing that you never get the answer straight.
Most of the answers are from companies selling septic system cleaning, so,
I guess that's why you can't get a straight answer out of the web?