Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Leaking ball valve repair

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 5:43:51 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Yea, I know I could change it, but I'd have to get the water utility to
shut off the water first.

See if there is a shutoff at your water meter.

In my neighborhood none of the houses were built with a master shutoff. All of us have a T-handle wrench for emergencies. The meter is in a box in the yard out by the curb, and there's a shutoff right there. I don't think the city is thrilled with everybody having their own wrench, but that $8 investment can save a lot of damage if something goes wrong, and we all use it to shut off the water when we change a washer, etc.

Can't help you with ball valve repair, never tried that.