Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Ralph_n@doir.com is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 15:41:30 -0500, wrote:

Can this be done and if so can it be done safely?

You might get away with it if you have no lights or other loads.
Better buy a battery operated clock!!

And dont forget some heavy loads such as an electric water heater, any
electric heating or cooling devices, electric range (if these is living
space in this same building), etc.

The existing 200A breaker box does not necessaily need to be replaced,
they could add a secondary box, such as a 100A box, which could be used
to power the new bed, as well as all the other stuff like lighting and
so on. That may or may not require a separate service entrance and maybe
a second meter. Also the pole transformer may need to be upgraded.

Something like this, really needs a licensed electrician to look over,
and determine the best solution.

I do question how often the OP actually uses all these beds at the same
time??? But I dont know anything about this sort of business. (I'm glad
I dont have to pay the electric bill though)....