Bob Bowles

Default URGENT :Toilet Flush not working

Take the lid off off the tank and look at the arrangement and try to
visualize how it works. A float senses high water level and closes a
valve stpopping incoming water. Handle rises a plug on the bottom of
the tamk allowing water to dump into the bowl starting the flush.
Siuggestion for rapidly dumping in a gallon is a good one and that is
anaologous to pulling up the flap. Does your handle activate the plug
on the bottom of the tank? If not that probably is the problem
needing fixing. We had difficulty flushing one of our and sometimes
couldn't initiate a flush. Day I asled Kohler for suggestions the
handle snapped off of old age. $5.00 for replacement handle solved
the problem. Bought 3 the same day so the other 2 handles were
replaced making them easier to flush. Would be helpful to understand
how the innards work rogether. Isn't a complex process. Please let
us know what happens.

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:51:14 GMT, peter
wrote:

If you give more particulars of exactly what is not working,
we could be more helpful.