Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water pressure regulators

Ken wrote:
I live in the mid south, and most water pressure regulators are
installed in front of the home and buried in the ground. After 10-15
years, they often fail and need to be replaced. That means finding
them and digging up so they can be replaced. My question is this: Why
don't they put a clay pipe or something similar around them and
put a cover over it? Water meters are installed that way. It seems
burying it makes replacement much more costly and difficult.

Mine is right next to the meter , with a kitty litter bucket around it to
keep the dirt away . Useta have a regular 5 gal bucket around it , I
replaced that when I repaired the water line . Gravel truck ran over the
meter box and pushed it down on the line .
--
Snag