Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default IP cameras

On 01/27/2017 10:06 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/26/2017 10:17 PM, mike wrote:

[snip]

I put up a camera to watch the front yard mostly because
I got it for $5 at a garage sale. After using it for
a year, I want my $5 bucks back and the hours I spent
setting it up. Only thing I've ever used it for is to
play back the motion capture to see if the mailman has been.

It'd be nice to have some AI that recognizes the mailman and turns on a
special indicator. Same thing with UPS, FedEx, newspaper, and trash
pickup (and maybe recognize neighbors too).

I'm sure it won't be too long before consumer FRS becomes common in
household electronics.

Jon