Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got the injector working

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:49:11 -0500, Neon John wrote:

You have the wrong kind of injector. Sounds like a throttle body
injector. You need a conventional injector, the type that mounts on
each individual intake runner.

It will have one hole. The pintle injector usually has a little
pattern-shaping rod sticking out of the hole. The diaphragm injectors
as used by GM in the 80s and 90s (and probably longer) shoot a narrow
solid stream. This is the injector you want.

If you go to the parts store, ask for an injector for an early 90s
Chevy Caprice 9C1. This is the cop version of the caprice and
contains an iron block Corvette engine. Corvette injectors would also
work but the price would be higher.

Bladder reservoirs are available from McMaster-Carr. I suggest going
up in pressure. You might consider using hexane (McMaster) as the
dilutent. It will mostly have evaporated by the time the shot reaches
the target.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com

The injector you mention above, the Chevy one, IS a throttle body
injector. At least that's how they are listed online. I'm a little
confused about injectors, I need to do some more research.
Eric