Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default wobble dado

On 1/22/2017 11:43 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/22/17 11:30 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/22/2017 9:24 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
But the shims are not all sizes. If you get Imperial - e.g. an
old version - you can't get down to the metric 3/8" (imperial
thinking) size of slot. You need a different mix.

If you are in 3/4 it isn't and wood plank - as well... Ply is
coming from sites world wide. Some hardwood and some softwood.

Martin

I have no issue what so ever using the standard Forrest dado set to
cut for any plywood. You do not need standard and metric. Any more,
hardly any wood veneer plywood is consistent in thickness.

I agree. Any more, if you get a sheet that is the exact specified
thickness, they got lucky. :-)

LOL, about the only thing that is consistent in thickness is MDF.
That and the MDO that I have been buying lately, 3/4" and pretty much
one the money.

And my Forrest dado set works fine for 1/2" Baltic Birch, which is not
1/2". ;~)

The only size I have issue with is 1/4" plywood that is often 7/32" so
I just make tow passes with a flat grind blade.