Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wobble dado

In article ,
says...

On 1/22/17 11:30 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/22/2017 9:24 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
But the shims are not all sizes. If you get Imperial - e.g. an
old version - you can't get down to the metric 3/8" (imperial
thinking) size of slot. You need a different mix.

If you are in 3/4 it isn't and wood plank - as well... Ply is
coming from sites world wide. Some hardwood and some softwood.

Martin

I have no issue what so ever using the standard Forrest dado set to
cut for any plywood. You do not need standard and metric. Any more,
hardly any wood veneer plywood is consistent in thickness.

I agree. Any more, if you get a sheet that is the exact specified
thickness, they got lucky. :-)

Heck, you're probably better off having a metric set for "Imperial
plywood" and an Imperial set for "metric plywood." Given the over-under
of each, you're likely to get a better fit with the opposite set.

I have no idea what you're on about. The Freud
shim set (available separately from their blades
by the way) allows the stack thickness to be
adjusted in units of approximately 1/10 of a mm,
which is pretty close to 1/256 of an inch. You
can get close enough to any English or metric
dimension for any practical woodworking purpose
with that.