Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lamps, source and value

On Friday, 20 January 2017 17:50:30 UTC, Martin Brown wrote:
On 20/01/2017 15:41, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 20 January 2017 14:44:08 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
I don't like halogen. gives me a headache even though I cannot see.
I get this spreading green yellow flashing haze when I go near
Halogen lighting. Goes to prove I guess that even blind eyes can
give strange effects. Brian

Have you found out why, as our brains tell use what we think we see
rather than what is there, so something in your brain is causing this
rather than your eyes I would have thought. I wonder what sot of
light halagen give out that no other light source including the sun
gives out.

There is a more intense IR component cf filament lamps as well as a
slight UV component but I can't see how it could affect someone.

Some people are more suseptable to certain things than others from UV for sunburn to epileptic fits, soem are colour blind some see colours in sound.
Soem peolpe use SAD lighting.

But to first order all incandescent lamps are basically black body
radiation with a characteristic temperature of 2700K, 3000K or 6000K for
classic, halogen and sun respectively.

The latter varying a fair amount with time of day and cloud cover.

yes siun rises (I see them in photos) and sunsets have quite differnt lighting.

Interesting I think you need to be tied to a chair and experimnted on
by shining differnt sorts of lights at you :-)

That sounds cruel.

But useful if yuo want to find out why something happens.
It doesn;t have to be cruel unless you want quick results. ;-)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown