Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default HiFi (OT)

On 23/01/2017 05:29, wrote:
On Monday, 23 January 2017 01:58:18 UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo ,
tabbypurr escribió:

It was an odd question.

By 'cartridge' I meant the stylus/needle, or whatever the correct term
is.

Generally, the user would replace the cartridge. Standard fit (1/2")
moving magnet cartridges from £20. Exceptions do exist - Dual, for
example, had a phase of using a form of cassette fitting. Even that
could be adapted to take the 1/2" standard.

I do remember, just, when replacing a stylus was quite common - but that
applied to ceramic type cartridges IIRC, and not many of those about now.

--
Cheers, Rob