Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default wobble dado

On 1/22/2017 9:24 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
But the shims are not all sizes. If you get Imperial - e.g. an old
version - you can't get down to the metric 3/8" (imperial thinking) size
of slot. You need a different mix.

If you are in 3/4 it isn't and wood plank - as well... Ply is coming
from sites world wide. Some hardwood and some softwood.

Martin

I have no issue what so ever using the standard Forrest dado set to cut
for any plywood. You do not need standard and metric. Any more, hardly
any wood veneer plywood is consistent in thickness.

On 1/21/2017 9:50 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 21:37:36 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

If you are buying a stack-up type - consider a Metric. Ply is metric
and is sloppy in Imperial stack-ups. I got a nice set that with the
complex set of shims I have both Metric & Imperial. Look at the box and
pick the right set. More is better.

Consider using older wood and newer wood....

I don't think it matters. You have to measure and use shims, in
either case.