Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wobble dado

But the shims are not all sizes. If you get Imperial - e.g. an old
version - you can't get down to the metric 3/8" (imperial thinking) size
of slot. You need a different mix.

If you are in 3/4 it isn't and wood plank - as well... Ply is coming
from sites world wide. Some hardwood and some softwood.

Martin

On 1/21/2017 9:50 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 21:37:36 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

If you are buying a stack-up type - consider a Metric. Ply is metric
and is sloppy in Imperial stack-ups. I got a nice set that with the
complex set of shims I have both Metric & Imperial. Look at the box and
pick the right set. More is better.

Consider using older wood and newer wood....

I don't think it matters. You have to measure and use shims, in
either case.