Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default LED lamps, source and value

On 22/01/2017 12:04, Scott wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 10:56:19 +0000, RJH wrote:

On 20/01/2017 13:08, dave wrote:
I'd like to replace all the lamps/bulb in house with LED ones (mains
bayonett fittings).

I bought a couple the other day from Tesco £7 each - and I like the
colour - and the power saving :-) Is that price a reasonable one for
8W LED lamp?

I'd just like to ask if someone can recommend a site to buy such
lamps from? My 'friends' google and ebay has zillions, but don't want
to end up with a stack of fakes. A bit cynical but it adds up to quite
a sum to change them all. Seen a few comments saying Lidl/Aldi LED
lamps are good value and quality.Thanks for any info on this.

OT: Afaik the LED lamps really are LED arrays - so I guess there is
some arsenic toxicity risk in disposal? (Minute amounts). And CFL's
have Hg. Just mention this because Sains.s lamp recycling bin is
always crammed full of CFL's - many are smashed!

FWIW, I've put about 10 Poundstretcher 3W LED bayonet bulbs around the
house (branded Muller Light, or something like that, £1 each) in
often-on locations over the past year. No problems so far.

In the interests of science, could you hold a DAB radio close to one
of these bulbs and let us know whether it causes RF interference.

Nothing noticeable, holding a portable radio close to most of the bulbs
on DAB or FM.

--
Cheers, Rob