Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default [EU] budget implications

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 20/01/2017 15:05, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 20 January 2017 14:06:52 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 23:53:48 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

If we had remained they would have regretted losing, now they will
regret winning the same as the rest of us.

Just like in any war are there losers and winners ?

That is the whole problem. It was treated as a war, and as you surely
know
there are no absolute winners in that.

When 'we won' WWII what was the result ?

We were bankrupt

Nope, just had big debts.

and only paid of the debt a few years ago.

The napoleonic war debt still hasnt been paid off.

It also made the losers more prosperous than us.

Didnt with plenty of the losers.

Certainly didnt make the US less prosperous than the losers either.