Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [EU] budget implications

On Friday, 20 January 2017 14:06:52 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 23:53:48 UTC, dennis@home wrote:

If we had remained they would have regretted losing, now they will
regret winning the same as the rest of us.

Just like in any war are there losers and winners ?

That is the whole problem. It was treated as a war, and as you surely know
there are no absolute winners in that.

When 'we won' WWII what was the result ?

As in the UK may have 'won' WW2, but suffered the consequences for many a
year afterwards.

countries invested in Germany and we had massive debts which we had to pay off to america including giving them the jet engine. We didn't finish paying it off until 2006. The EEC and EU should have helped payoff the loan.

If this referendum is not considered a war, the final outcome may be more
acceptable to all.

Well football matches have sides but they aren't all wars.

I notice that BT sports are going to charge £3.50 a month for games
bloody BREXIT ;-)