Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [EU] budget implications

On Friday, 20 January 2017 02:35:50 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 16:09:36 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:
what I don't understand about all these "horror" stories about how this
18%
fall in the pound is affecting prices

is why we didn't see the same stories in the press in 2008 when the
pound
crashed a horrendous 40% (1.45-1.02)

yes 40% - more than twice the fall this time

yet not a squeak there was

Really? I don't know what meja you use,but any change in the value of the
pound was and is covered extensively. Even more so back then with banks
all around the world crashing.

I thought that sort of thing only happened with BREXIT.
Maybe it;s an illustion then and not cause by BREXIT but merchant
investors lokoing to make a killiong because tey want to buy up
the UK cheaply so are devaluoing the pound from afar.

Not possible for them to do that.

already been done.
Scare tatics oh look X or Y will be worthless when the UK leaves the EU