Default Bathrooms in flats

PoP wrote:

I'm fitting a bathroom suite for someone on a ground floor flat
presently. I really can't believe the original plumber got paid to do
the job he did, but maybe it's just a feature of flat installations
that I haven't previously seen.

Problem 1 is that the hot flow is extremely slow. Reason being that
the hot tank has a head of water about 1 foot above the bath, so it
almost dribbles out of the hot tap.

Problem 2 is that the waste pipe to the stack is about 6 inches off
the ground, and the water level is equal to the top of the bath
plughole - so when the bath is emptied it stops emptying at the top of
the plughole. Emptying the bath is of course extremely slow.

With problem 2 the situation is exacerbated by the waste pipe being
run horizontally for several feet to the stack.

I think your flat was plumbed by the same plumber as ours, you've just
described almost exactly the problems I have at our flat.

--
Chris Green )