Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

On Thursday, 19 January 2017 11:27:26 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
RJH wrote:
I'm very susceptible to speed variation - I can hear the wow of
sustained piano note in virtually any belt drive turntable for example.
A top end Ariston was one of the few that 'worked' for me. I find
un-Lingo'd Linns very hard to listen to.

Are you certain that 'wow' isn't on the record?

Maybe he hasn't any Bow wow wow records
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBN1...ypmohoESGzxdHE

The cutting lathe has to
have just as consistent speed as the turntable. And then there is the
centring of the hole.

I;ve often wonder whether there;s much differnce between the makers pressing the vinyl from RCA to polydor or whoever.
I have some flexidiscs which are pretty crap, coloured & picture discs some 1980s that are thicker than the norm, then there's 12" imports and 7" and 10" EP I have a bat shaped 7' too.

I'm not convinced they are all of the same manufacting quality or material quality so I;'m not sure if there really is one quality for vinly and of course digital is MP3(various bit rates) ACC, wav, AIFF, FLAC, Apple lossless
etc...