Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default HiFi (OT)

On 18/01/17 18:45, dennis@home wrote:
On 18/01/2017 13:51, pamela wrote:
8

I don't mind the trade off between the size of an MP3 file and
quality.

I seem to recall a 128kps MP3 is about a tenth of the size of a
WAV/PCM and the sound isn't quite as awful as some people suggest.

MP3 music is awful, it gives me a headache to listen to it, really.

I find it tolerable on small, cheap speakers or in the car, unpleasant
on good speakers or headphones, but this varies with bitrate.

As storage gets cheaper file size will be less important but at
the moment I baulk at storing FLAC files on a portable device.

Why? I have 128GB on my phone. You can get decent storage at a sensible
price unless you want an apple logo.