Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Door bell - and I mean 'BELL'

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2017-01-17, Rob Graham wrote:
Some years ago I installed a Byron door bell that is a bell, not a chime,
and you can hear it all over the house.

New neighbours have put in a request for me to do the same for them, and
their house is significantly larger than mine. But Byron have been
bought over and the SX15 battery wireless door BELL is no longer
available.

Anyone know of particularly loud wireless chimes or a wireless bell?

The "own brand" chimes I bought in Wickes are pretty loud. You get one
mains sounder and one battery sounder. Choice of 4 chimes (IIRC).

--
Today is Boomtime, the 17th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.

One thing I don't like about wireless push-buttons is that they merely
trigger the sounder to give its standard response. Wired bells gave you some
indication of how desperate the caller was, by length and spacing of rings.
--
Dave W