Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rising machine tool prices

wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 11:22:04 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins
Bending steel plate is a bigger problem unless I pay for fab shop
time. The 30" 3-in-1 shear/brake/roller can barely manage its rated
capacity.

-jsw

Have you checked job-shop prices for that work? Unless it's very
narrow pieces, it sounds like a job for a press brake. I can get you
a rough idea of how that is priced if you want. Just post a
description of a typical job.

--
Ed Huntress

I designed parts to be made on a Strippit and a Niagara press brake
though they wouldn't let me run either one. The model shop I inherited
at Mitre had a 24" manual press brake and a nice finger brake.

I'm attempting to stir up some discussion about what a hobbyist needs
in general instead of asking for help with my own personal projects,
other than to describe what I've learned about the equipment I own. I
can weld flat pieces together if the stock is too thick to bend, as I
did for 1/2" plate on a logsplitter.

-jsw