Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HiFi (OT)

In article ,
charles wrote:
A complete Quad II stereo setup including AM tuner, a Garrard 301 with
Decca pickup, and a pair of Tannoy GRF speakers. The Quads. etc in a
cabinet. Included were a near new Revox A77 and the Thorens TD150, SME
arm and Decca cartridge. Those being unused, waiting to be fitted.

All for 300 quid in the late '60s. The estate valuer had got things
rather wrong IMHO.

That's about the time I got my second-Hand A77 Mk1 for £180.

Sounds about right. If you could get a genuine trade order from some form
of manufacturing company, you could buy a so called pro version without
purchase tax from the importer, Hammond. For about £180. Only real
difference was the NAB reel adaptors were screwed in place, and the screw
heads covered. A work of a moment to remove them. I bought my second one
that way - but a high speed version with power amps built in.

--
*It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.