Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rising machine tool prices

On 1/18/2017 8:39 AM, Howard Beel wrote:
I bought a hand held nibbler that has a 1/4" capacity (mild steel) on ebay
back in the day when they were cheap. I made an adaptor to attach a couple
of 1" linear bearings to the nibbler, kinda looks like a radial arm saw
setup
but for steel. I get nice cuts that with little edge distortion. I can zip
thru
8 foot of 1/4" plate in a few minutes. Takes up a lot less room than a
wysong shear, less noisy to. When not in use it breaks down for easy
storage and takes up little room.

Best Regards
Tom.

I have a nibbler that won't get anywhere near 1/4". Just to be sure
that it's the same thing - a "nibbler" cuts by punching crescent-shaped
chips, yes?

Your setup sounds interesting - any chance of your putting up some
pictures? I thought that I had the idea until you mentioned the 8'
sheet & I don't see how that would work.

Bob