Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default HiFi (OT)

On 18/01/17 14:07, pamela wrote:
On 11:16 18 Jan 2017, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artículo , Huge
escribió:

Likewise. A Thorens TD150. But nearer 50 years ago here.

Same model.

Can you still get the cartridges for it?

I gave my nephew an old turntable with Shure M75ED cartridge and he
was able to order a German lookalike stylus. I don't think there are
any other moving parts than the cantilever and its rubber mounting
which are now new.

The M75ED was a notable cartridge being mostly forgiving of muck, dust
and remains of 70s hair cream(!) on records (that could now do with a wash).

That on a Pioneer PL-12D was a popular budget combination long ago, I
had both in the 70s - and now I have another courtesy of a recent boot
sale grab. There is a large collection of PL-12D vids on youtube for
some reason ;-)

Mine has a bit of a mechanically conducted motor hum, I'll need to fix
sometime. Stylus fine though.

--
BTW the next audiojumble (http://www.audiojumble.co.uk) is on Sunday
19th February in Tonbridge, Kent if anyone is interested in second-hand

--
Adrian C