Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default bowl blanks

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:11:04 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

OK. My parents have several farms with creeks and rivers running
through them. I can get fresh bowl blanks any day of the week with a
chainsaw and pickup truck. And they know people with similar farms
and trees. Every time I visit my parents they have a burn pile of
trees that could be turned into turning blanks. No exotic rain
forest jungle woods. But some American hardwoods I would guess are
in the pile.

could sell the blanks online if inclined to do so

i have made some nice stuff from wood destined for the fireplace

or just rough turn into artisanal firewood