Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default bowl blanks

price seems high but no one ever pays asking price on cl

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/for/5954463153.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 4:40:00 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
price seems high but no one ever pays asking price on cl

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/for/5954463153.html

The seller really should not smoke that stuff.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 4:40:00 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
price seems high but no one ever pays asking price on cl

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/for/5954463153.html

Why did the moron advertise it on the Des Moines Craig's List? His location is 2 hours from Des Moines. He lives near Cedar Rapids, Iowa City. And as stated, the price is crazy dumb. Get a Stihl chainsaw for a few hundred bucks and cut your own.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 15:34:33 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

location is 2 hours from Des Moines. He lives near Cedar Rapids,

more eyes on it i would guess is why

Iowa City. And as stated, the price is crazy dumb. Get a Stihl

no one pays asking on cl but some people like their stuff more than
anyone else and never sell it due to that
they just will not come to a reasonable price

chainsaw for a few hundred bucks and cut your own.

lot of turners like buying ready made blanks
they have no chainsaw and they have no lumber source

they just click and it gets shipped to their front door

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

" wrote:

location is 2 hours from Des Moines. He lives near Cedar Rapids,

more eyes on it i would guess is why

Iowa City. And as stated, the price is crazy dumb. Get a Stihl

no one pays asking on cl but some people like their stuff more than
anyone else and never sell it due to that
they just will not come to a reasonable price

chainsaw for a few hundred bucks and cut your own.

lot of turners like buying ready made blanks
they have no chainsaw and they have no lumber source

they just click and it gets shipped to their front door

OK. My parents have several farms with creeks and rivers running through them. I can get fresh bowl blanks any day of the week with a chainsaw and pickup truck. And they know people with similar farms and trees. Every time I visit my parents they have a burn pile of trees that could be turned into turning blanks. No exotic rain forest jungle woods. But some American hardwoods I would guess are in the pile.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:11:04 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

OK. My parents have several farms with creeks and rivers running
through them. I can get fresh bowl blanks any day of the week with a
chainsaw and pickup truck. And they know people with similar farms
and trees. Every time I visit my parents they have a burn pile of
trees that could be turned into turning blanks. No exotic rain
forest jungle woods. But some American hardwoods I would guess are
in the pile.

could sell the blanks online if inclined to do so

i have made some nice stuff from wood destined for the fireplace

or just rough turn into artisanal firewood

Bowl blanks dipped in wax Mac Davis Woodturning 14 May 23rd 13 08:54 AM
bowl blanks Marty G Woodturning 4 August 29th 09 07:33 PM
large bowl blanks Marty G Woodturning 7 September 18th 08 02:55 AM
preserving bowl blanks Paul Gilbert[_2_] Woodturning 15 August 19th 08 07:12 PM
pricing bowl blanks Nobody Special Woodturning 6 March 7th 08 05:33 AM